Sunday, November 23, 2014

6.23 Writing - I Love You

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-third day of each month is "Writing."
****************************
When I was in Michigan this past July, I took this picture and knew, just knew, that I would need it when the weather got like this. This entire weekend has been gray and rainy with freezing temperatures at night that lead to icy sidewalks in the morning and I look at this picture and I know that someday I will be at a place again where beaches sound like lovely places to go.

It hasn’t been bad, though, this weekend. It really hasn’t. We’ve cuddled on the couch, I’ve done more reading than I should probably admit, and we’ve gotten ourselves mentally prepared for this coming week because you know this week is going to drain us of our will to live. For the first three days of the week, we will attempt to teach our classes when enrollment is half of what it should be with everyone heading home to start the holiday early. Then we will frantically arrive to my in-laws’ house on Thanksgiving to noise and overstimulation.  By the time the boy picks at his food, pretending to think it’s going to be safe to eat, and we get out of there and come home, we’ll be desperately preparing for the next full week of classes.

But it’s nothing, right?  Because there is someone out there who took the time to write this message to me and it’s more meaningful to me right now than that person would ever know. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment