Tuesday, November 11, 2014

6.11 The Great Outdoors - PCHH Around the Neighborhood

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eleventh day of each month is "The Great Outdoors."
****************************
I listened to last week's episode of NPR's podcast Pop Culture Happy Hour as I went for a walk around the neighborhood last night (of note to nobody but me - my leg has been acting up, so I'm putting myself on a low-impact workout that consists mostly of walks and upper body workouts).  The opening topic of the podcast was the newest Christopher Nolan film Interstellar and somewhere in the conversation, Linda Holmes mentioned that it was loud and she had to actually watch part of the movie with her hands over her ears because it was so loud that it was uncomfortable.
Huh.

Doesn't everyone feel that way about every movie in every movie theater ever?
I asked my husband this question and he just rolled his eyes at me. "Of course not. That's your special brand of crazy."

I regularly wear a hoodie to movie theaters, so I can put the hood up to muffle the sound. I've been known to bring earplugs, too, but (special snowflake alert) sometimes the squeaks from the earplugs make me kind of sick to my stomach. I watch most movies in movie theaters with at least one hand over one ear most of the time.
I also don't like to touch cotton balls, the inside of sweatshirts, corduroy, those stupid baby blankets with the tags, or faux leather. I can't stand listening to more than one thing at a time (my husband has to turn down the music if he wants to talk to me in the car), discordant music, or children singing (just shut it, Jackson Five). 

But I do not mind petting animals, my nieces and nephews puking on me, or cleaning the litter box every night. Each person has their own strengths and weaknesses, right?  I won't be watching Interstellar any time soon, though, I promise.

****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment