Monday, November 10, 2014

6.10 Work - Distractions

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the tenth day of each month is "Work."
****************************
There was a change to some of the books I use to teach at one of my part-time jobs and for months I have been putting off looking at the new books, thinking that at some point a mythical teaching fairy would come and prep it for me. Alas, that fairy once again failed to show up, so I was forced to spend most of my Sunday curled up on the couch with a calculator, eraser, and cat, working on probability and area problems. I can already tell that you are green with envy at my mathematics skillzzzz.
She must have attacked that eraser a dozen times. She loves to chew on erasers. Ask me how I know.
The problem with working at home is that there are so many distractions. Laundry needed to be done. The cat clearly needed some cuddles (see above). The boy has been sick for the better part of the week, so I needed to make him tea, dinner, and go around sanitizing all the hard surfaces, especially the doorknobs, faucets, and trash cans. And, of course, there was a new episode of The Walking Dead to watch.  What can I say? I'm weak when it comes to zombies.

Do you have success working at home?  What are your tools for doing so?  Do you make everyone else leave the house and lock the pets in the bathroom? 

****************************
 To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete