Thursday, October 09, 2014

5.9 Color - Fall Leaves

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the ninth day of each month is "Color."
****************************
This tree is doing a slow burn. It's been ever so slowly changing from green to red. Most trees here are green one day, turn half their leaves overnight, the other half the next night, and all the leaves are off within a week of the leaves beginning to change. Not this guy. He's doing it bit by bit.  When we drive by first thing in the morning (well, first thing for me, which means you had probably been at work for hours) and the morning light just makes it look like it's on fire.
This was on private property. Technically I was trespassing by a few inches.
The trees on campus rained their leaves long ago.
Ever try to take a photo on a college campus without getting a student in it?
This tree has been bright red for days. Every day as I go into my classroom building, I consider whether or not I would look like an idiot if I took a picture of it. Today I decided I didn't care if I looked like an idiot.
I love this whole autumn thing.
 ****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment