Wednesday, October 01, 2014

5.1 Detour - Fountainhead

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the first day of each month is "Detour."
****************************
I like to shop. Unfortunately, I don't always like to pay $160 for a garment constructed in Indonesia using poorly paid factory workers in poor working conditions. This means that I frequently wander around department stores and wish I could purchase something that 1) meets my aesthetic sense and 2) was made somewhere I consider "acceptable."
I spent what felt like forever but was probably more like five minutes trying to take a picture of this fountain at the Macy's on State Street without getting an unwitting passerby in the frame as I got lost going from the Benefit counter to the men's furnishings (I buy my husband socks everywhere I go - made in Korea, for what it's worth).  I don't know. Somehow slowing down and relaxing for just a few minutes, trying to get That. One. Perfect. Shot. made me feel like my brain could relax, the tension in my shoulders could ease, and I could have one moment of peace.

And then I was off running like a lunatic trying to buy socks before the store closed.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment