Sunday, September 07, 2014

4.7 Do - Prep Food for Lunch

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventh day of each month is "Do."
****************************
It's not that anyone really wants to read about what I eat for lunch, but the truth is that most of today was spent watching football, working on a PowerPoint presentation I'm 99.9% sure I'm not going to end up using, and doing work in the kitchen. While I'm sure you'd all love a picture of our television screen showing the Bears embarrassing loss to the Bills (yay!) or a screenshot of one of my favorite slides from work, I determined that food was probably the most entertaining option.
I usually eat a big breakfast and a moderately large dinner, so I eat small, mostly vegetable-based meals for lunch.  So this week's lunches will include a container of vegetables, including peppers and tomatoes, some of this delicious slaw (no one believes me that it's good because cabbage has a bad reputation, but I promise you that it's delicious), and some of this baba ganoush with a handful of crackers. 
So I'm making my way through our CSA/farmers' market vegetables pretty well this week, but we're still stuck with beets. I pickled them and they were still gross. I roasted them and they were even more gross.  Maybe I should just accept that beets are one of those acquired tastes I will never acquire and start putting them in someone else's basket at pickup each week, just like we do with the cilantro...

****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment