Monday, September 29, 2014

4.29 Music - Drumming

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-ninth day of each month is "Music."
****************************
I used to teach at a performing arts high school and there was a kid named Vinny who played drums like nobody's business. He was a charmer, Vinny was.  He wasn't particularly good at math, so I was his least favorite teacher, but he would give me this grin and a roll on his desk with his ever present drumsticks whenever I would announce an upcoming test or quiz. This kid here reminded me of Vinny.  He gave me this smile and hammed it up when he saw I was taking a picture.
I liked the simplicity of this performance. I like it when there is only one instrument for me to follow. It wasn't discordant or broken, but kind of lyrical in its own drummy way.  When I threw two dollar bills in the bucket, I noticed there wasn't much more than that and I hope he had only just started. 

And I hope somewhere out there Vinny is still drumming, too.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment