Friday, September 26, 2014

4.26 Support - Doing It All

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-sixth day of each month is "Support."
****************************
I'm not one to complain about work-life balance. On the whole, I don't give a fig for attempting to balance it because I know that the thing that really matters is the life part of the equation. I love my job(s) and I give them my all, but the most important priorities in life are more than just my career.  But lately I've been swamped with work and things on the important side of the equation are getting the shaft.

So I took the afternoon off and I went on a hike with my husband. It was part "I don't really want to work out, so I'll call this a workout" and part "I want to spend time with my husband" and it really took care of both things quite nicely.
The sumac is already turning. Fall is here!
The boy has been incredibly supportive of my additional workload this semester. He's been great about helping out when he can, especially on all these weekends when I'm out of town. I think the cat is starting to think he's the main human, since I'm really only feeding her about half the time now. She likes it when he feeds her because he is more generous with the kibble than I am.

But today has been a weird day because I went from bugs and rocks and hiking to Macy's and trains and sidewalks faster than the arrival of an autumn thunderstorm.
I even took some time to admire the Calder in Federal Plaza tonight.  I'm not normally a giant red sculpture kind of girl, but even I had to admire the arc of the piece mirroring the curves in the windows of the building behind it. 
Tomorrow I'm hoping for some awesome public transit stories. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment