Sunday, September 21, 2014

4.21 Laughter - Hot Diggity Dogs

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-first day of each month is "Laughter."
****************************
Do you know what the Chicago city flag looks like? (Of course not, most of you are grumbling. I'm not a vexillologist You would be right to grumble at me.)  It looks like this.
I cheated. I took this at Navy Pier last weekend, not this weekend.
Four red stars in the middle of two blue stripes on a white background. The blue stripes represent the two bodies of water that dominate much of the downtown landscape -Lake Michigan and the Chicago River.  Each of the stars represents a significant event in the history of the city - Fort Dearborn, the Great Chicago Fire, the 1883 World's Columbian Exposition, and the Century of Progress Exposition.  (Maybe they will get another star if the Cubs win the World Series.  Zing!)

I am absolutely in love the simplicity and beauty of the design of the flag and clearly I am not alone because it is everywhere in Chicago.
I love that there's a train, graffiti, and a Chicago flag here. It is the perfect Chicago scene.
So when I passed this place while walking to lunch yesterday, I couldn't help but chuckle. This, my friends, is one of the most clever signs for a hole-in-the-wall eatery I have ever seen. 
Thank you Chicago, for being awesome.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment: