Tuesday, September 16, 2014

4.16 Beauty - Blue on Blue

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the sixteenth day of each month is "Beauty."
****************************
Anybody else have the theme from Sesame Street running through their heads right now?  Just me?   Sunny days sweepin' the clouds away...

It's amazing out there today. 
Today's topic - The history of campaign reform.

Today's challenge - Don't look like an idiot when students continually ask you questions you don't know the answers to. (Do I look like Nina Totenberg*?)

Today's highlight - Overhearing students talking about how awesome my husband's class. (I mean, yes, it would have been more awesome if they were talking about how awesome my class is, but...)

Today's lowlight - Despite wearing pants, a long-sleeved shirt, a sweater, and having a blanket in my lap while I was in my office, my lips turned blue because the air conditioning is turned up so high.

Today's glee - Watching as the cat jumped into a box, chasing after a mouse toy, and accidentally brushed against Dr. BB's leg, causing a chain reaction of Halloween-cat puffed up fur, running pell-mell through the apartment as fast as I've ever seen her move, and running headfirst into the dining room table leg. That cat is quality entertainment.

*Nina Totenberg is the Supreme Court correspondent for NPR. If Nina didn't say it, I don't know it.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment