Sunday, September 14, 2014

4.14 Reach

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourteenth day of each month is "Reach."
****************************
Garth Brooks was awesome. That is all. If you love the old songs and get a chance to see him on this tour, you absolutely should do so.

We spent the day being tourists at Navy Pier.  It was absolutely delightful. Here’s the Ferris Wheel we rode that made me slightly sick to my stomach, but led to gorgeous views of Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline, so was absolutely worth it.  I kind of want to bury my head in the sand about how I'm kind of, just a little, tiny bit scared of heights, but I think the way I behaved on this ride (ugh...kinda chicken) means I need to acknowledge that perhaps I'm not really cut out to be a mountain climber, a window washer, or one of those people who paint bridges.

Also, if you ever get a chance to go to Navy Pier, don't just stop at the amusements and restaurants. Push on through to the end of the pier for amazing views of sailboats, the skyline (seriously, the Chicago skyline is so worth it), birds riding thermals, and many, many, many people smiling down at the concrete as they take shadow selfies.
There's also a rather amazing Museum of Stained Glass Windows at Navy Pier that's filled with gems like this one, Roger Brown Silhouette Window.  I'm just imagining the artist thinking, hey, I'm going to work with stained glass. How about I do one that's almost entirely black?!
It was bittersweet when I dropped my friend off at the airport, but it was an awesome weekend and I know that memories of this weekend are going to keep me going when things start to get crazy with school!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment