Saturday, August 09, 2014

3.9 Color - Farmers' Market

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the ninth day of each month is "Color."
****************************
Ahhh...a Saturday at home during the months of June through October means a trip to our local farmers' market.  Yesterday was an experimental food day with lots of new recipes - a new crock pot chicken recipe (you can cook an entire freaking chicken in the crock pot in five hours), zucchini bread (this recipe - it tastes fine, but the texture is not quite right - it's got the gluten free crumbly, grainy thing going on, so I'll need to work on it), and I'm working on making some stock from the chicken bones.  Then at the farmers' market, I got some dill to make a pickled beets recipe that I want to make today.  This whole "use everything in your CSA basket" goal I have might drive me crazy. 

One of the things I like most about this farmers' market is that there are three different honey vendors there, all of whom are within a 20 mile radius of our house.  What kind of craziness is it that allows the market of this tiny area to support three independent honey businesses?  I don't know, but I like it.

 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment