Monday, August 04, 2014

3.4 Place - This Town

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourth day of each month is "Place."
****************************
I don't always love it here in this small town, especially on summer days when the clouds form and the rain keeps me inside all day today. I had to return books to the library and I wanted to take a picture of the outside of our library, but it was pouring and I didn't want to get the camera wet, so I ended up a park with a somewhat sheltered dock (thanks, giant weeping willow tree!) and I took a few pictures of things that do make me happy here.
The town is essentially a swamp, built next to small bodies of water they call lakes and I insist on calling ponds, but people are forever gathering around these bodies of water, fishing, swimming, and picnicking.  I love the communal nature of it all.
I love the whimsy with which people decorate their yards. The growing season is brief and beloved and Wisonsinites don't let their gardens go unnutured.
I only sorta kinda expected this "owl" to hand me a letter from Minerva McGonagall.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment