Friday, August 29, 2014

3.29 Music - Stratocaster

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-ninth day of each month is "Music."
****************************
Garth Brook's The Chase was on, rain was sprinkling just enough to mess up the windshield, but not enough to allow the wipers to work, and we mailed the dobro off to its new home.  I knew enough not to become attached to the dobro, but I honestly thought it would last longer than it did.  In its place is this Stratocaster. I think it's pretty, if a little on the dull side.
But there's some reason why the dobro wasn't working out and some reason why this guitar is better for his arthritis and these reasons sort of blend together in my mind as one giant "I don't know what musical instrument I really want" explanation in my head.
I like that the stain is so light that you can see the wood grain on the fretboard.
I don't know how I feel about the stark white pick guard, maybe I would have gone with cream or black, but what do I know?
Did you notice the little booties for the stand that prevent the stand from scratching the guitar?  Or maybe it's to prevent the paint from reacting with the plastic in the stand? Whatever. I sewed them out of one of Dr. BB's old t-shirts. I'm overly proud of this accomplishment.

****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment