Saturday, August 23, 2014

3.23 Writing - Bluegrass with...

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-third day of each month is "Writing."
****************************
Saturday morning brings with it the Farmers Market. Today there was some live music, little kids dancing, and the purchase of two pints of cherry tomatoes, one bulb of kohlrabi, and an eggplant.  It doesn't look like I'll be able to go to the Market much in September, so I tried to soak in as much of the community sponsored togetherness as possible.

It's also the time of year when the children start trickling back into classrooms, we start to get more and more cabbage in our CSA baskets, and the farmers start selling tomatoes in bulk. That's right. Summer is over and fall is here.  The "End of Summer Riverfront Rhythm Festival" signs made me sigh in sadness, but then I got over it because fall means cider! corn mazes! pumpkins! and I will truly love the fall, too.


But I will be so very sad the first time I try to get cherry tomatoes on Saturday morning and there's none for me to buy.  Tomatoes are the real meaning of summer.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment