Saturday, July 26, 2014

2.26 Support - Your Local Economy (If Your Local Economy is Minneapolis)

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-sixth day of each month is "Support."
****************************
I've been in Minneapolis this weekend and there's nothing that makes me feel better than hanging out at Minneapolis-based businesses and giving them my money.  From local bookstores to restaurants and sports franchises (? - wait? does the money stay here or just go to the national league?), I did my best to make sure I spread my money around. 

Local businesses I love include Cliche, a boutique in Uptown that focuses on fashion-forward women's clothes, and Wild Rumpus, a bookstore located in the Linden Hills neighborhood that has three (3!!) Manx shop cats and a great selection of books for kids that makes me happy.  Both businesses have excellent service and make me a repeat customer even though I do live in another state.

More on food and where to stay later, but for now, I give you downtown in all its glory. There's nothing quite like a city skyline to make this girl's heart go pitter patter.

****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment