Thursday, July 24, 2014

2.24 Pain - Doing Errands

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-fourth day of each month is "Pain."
****************************

We’re going out of town this weekend. I’m a bit tired of the not sleeping in my own bed for longer than three nights at a stretch, but this is all the traveling we’re doing until Labor Day (I think), so this is the last time I will have a morning like the morning I just had for a while. I dropped off the boy at work for “office hours” that absolutely no one will attend, so he will get a nice three quiet hours to himself and I ran around like a damn chicken with my head cut off doing errands. 

Normally I don’t really mind doing errands, but because of the STUPID CONSTRUCTION, it takes me 394872394 minutes longer to get where I’m going.  I find this frustrating.  And maybe I complain about it more than I should. Anyway, that’s the entire story. Errands do suck and I’m not telling you anything you didn’t already know. Pick up the CSA box early because we want to leave early this afternoon, go to Walgreens to pick up more contact solution, stop at the library (because, duh, I’m going to be in the car for hours), drop off an Amazon return at the UPS store, get cat food and cat treats because otherwise we’d have a pissy Zellybeaner, and buy some granola for the boy to eat on the trip. But don’t worry.


I got myself a reward at the end of it all.

****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment: