Wednesday, July 23, 2014

2.23 Writing – Amazing True Story

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-third day of each month is "Writing."
**************************
Trying to find actual handwriting is harder than I thought it would be. We drove up to Milwaukee today so Dr. BB could go to the hipster barbershop for a beard trim and I was absolutely convinced we would find some graffiti I could take a picture of, but the hipster area of Milwaukee where we went was so free of city-like things like graffiti and trash on the ground, I could barely believe we were actually in the city limits.

By the time I met with my student at a local library, I was fairly convinced I was going to have to use some of our scratch paper from our session together for my “writing,” but then I saw this happy display of art and knew that it would fit the bill. I love libraries, I love librarians, and I love that library resources go towards projects that involve kids in thinking creatively, writing down ideas with actual handwriting, and making art.  Thank you, local libraries!
 
Text from the poster: In an inspiration story the bond between animals and humans, a boy named Sawyer discovers an injured dolphin, who is brought to a marine hospital and named Winter. Unfortunately, her injuries cost Winder her tail, without wich she may not survive. But with Sawyer’s devotion, a marine biologist’s experste and the brilliance of a protheist charged with creating a new tail, Winder may receive a seconde chance at life.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment