Tuesday, July 22, 2014

2.22 Seven Deadly Sins - Wrath (Shoddy Craftsmanship)

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-second day of each month is "Seven Deadly Sins."
***************************
In April I ordered a pair of shoes from a company whose name you can see in these pictures, but whose name I refuse to type or utter ever again, except to say that you should never, ever, ever order a pair of shoes from them.  I received the shoes by the end of May and they were too big, so I sent them back to be resized.  When I received the shoes again, one of the elastic bands that loops to hold the leather bands in place was broken. I sent an email to the company, making my displeasure known.  They sent me a FedEx label and I returned the shoes yet again.

When I opened the box, this is what I found.

Let’s take a closer look at that.
This is the exact same problem I sent it back for the last time, but a different elastic band. 

I am beyond anger at this point to almost apoplectic rage.  I spent more on these shoes than I have spent on any other shoes in my entire life (and they’re adorable! I’d love to wear them), but what are my options now?  Send it back again? Get it fixed locally at a shoe store and hope that none of the other bands break on me when I’m not at home?  Demand my money back despite the company’s “no money back” claims? Argh. I hate confrontation, but this is absolutely unacceptable quality for the money I’ve paid.  
 ***************************

To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment