Wednesday, July 16, 2014

2.16 Beauty - This Day

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the sixteenth day of each month is "Beauty."
***************************
It has been unusually cool here this week – temps barely breaking into the 70s during the day and dipping down into the 40s at night.  And I can’t even begin to describe to you how awesome this cool front is. We stopped running the air conditioning and opened up all the windows.  We are enjoying walks outside before the sun goes down, avoiding the mosquitoes, gnats, and no-see-ums that we would normally have to deal with in our evening walks.

Today, the clouds that came with the cool front also went away, leaving us with glorious blue skies and fluffy, white clouds. I drove to a nearby town to meet a student and while this town is not known for its beauty, I couldn’t help but take a moment by the river to enjoy the rushing water and the duck (who was kind of pissed at me for invading her space).  

Next March, when all I can see is grey and white outside, I want to remember this day. I want to remember the windows rolled down while I listened to Drunk on a Plane, I want to remember how the lady let me into traffic at a backed up intersection with a wave and a smile, and I want to remember the freedom and joy that comes with days as beautiful as this.


***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment