Tuesday, June 03, 2014

1.3 Think - Just Do It

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the third day of each month is "Think."
***************************


I’m teaching a course I’ve never taught before in the fall and so that means I need to write a syllabus for this course. I’ve spent hours staring at these books, looking at other syllabi online, and desperately trying to figure out what the best way to teach it would be.  And then I laugh at myself because I know that I don’t really know what I'm doing.  

I’ve always claimed that I’m not a procrastinator and that is still mostly true. I hate waiting around thinking about things.  I volunteer to do presentations first so I don’t have to watch everyone else while I’m nervous and freaked.  I schedule all doctor and dentist appointments first thing in the morning so that I don’t have to sit around and think about them all day. I pay my bills the day after they arrive in my mailbox so that I don’t forget about them.  But when it comes to writing – writing this syllabus, writing letters and cards, writing that article I want to submit to a professional journal by the end of the summer – I am a procrastinator extraordinaire. 

So does anyone have a syllabus for Parties and Elections that I can use?

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit

1 comment:

  1. I can write you one. It won't be good, but everyone will have fun.

    ReplyDelete