Monday, June 23, 2014

1.23 Writing - Ninja

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-third day of each month is "Lessons."
***************************

I hiked up Hayden Butte while I was in Tempe and there was a little viewing platform about halfway up. I stopped, mostly because I was so tired. I sort of thought that I was in reasonable shape and that going up the butte would be no big deal, but the combination of the heat, sun, and steepness meant I definitely needed a break halfway up.

And there was this sign.
 

I like to think that the person who the time to deface a sign on a landmark preserve has a good story to tell. Ninja is a code word between that person and her parents for when she needs help and then her parents died and she’s sending a message to her parents and wanted the message to be as high as possible.  Ninja is the only word a person with a learning disability knows how to write.  Perhaps the hope of being a ninja is the only thing keeping up the hopes of a kid with cancer. 

I certainly hope that this wasn’t just some jerk doesn’t know the correct place for the art of graffiti.  

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment