Sunday, June 22, 2014

1.22 Seven Deadly Sins - Gluttony

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-second day of each month is "Seven Deadly Sins."
***************************

I can tell you exactly how it started. I was trying to lose weight, so I was counting calories and every night I would leave myself 80 – 100 calories for dessert. Sometimes that dessert was nothing more than one single Hershey kiss, but sometimes it was a scoop of ice cream or something indulgent like that.  The end result is that I am a little bit obsessed with candy. You can eat a lot of hard candy with minimal caloric intake, my friends.



So when I saw this adorable candy store while I was in Tempe, I couldn’t resist the lure of the sugar. The store is called Candy Addict and it was simply amazing.  The design of the store was beautiful with warm brown hardwood floors and cabinetry, a bright and cheery Candyland motif on the wall and columns of gumballs.  The selection of candy was thorough – old skool candy bars I hadn’t seen in years, a selection of European favorites that made me smile, and rows and rows of saltwater taffy designed to make me drool.  It also had local favorites – I ended up buying some prickly pear cactus candy from the Cactus Candy Company, among many other things, of course.



If you ever find yourself wandering around Mill Avenue in Tempe, Arizona, I highly recommend Candy Addict. 

(I think it goes without saying on this here blog, but I make no money from this. I went to this place, I love it, and I think you should go there, too. No one is paying me to write this.)

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.   

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a candy store on your Nashville list?

    ReplyDelete