Saturday, June 21, 2014

1.21 Laughter - This Barn

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-first day of each month is "Laughter."
***************************
My commute requires driving along some county highways.  Along these highways are some heritage farms and I enjoy many of these farms very much with their barn quilts, romping horses, and white picket fences.

But this farm really stands out for me. If I have a hard class or traffic is frustrating or the radio keeps playing non-stop George Strait songs (ugh) or I am kind of hungry, this barn just turns it all around.  This barn is smiling and happy and I love that these folks realized that some of us might be a tad bit grumpy when we pass by their farm and went out of their way to cheer us up. 


It’s also not a bad thing that it’s surrounded by lush corn fields and gorgeous tree-shaped trees.  Or that I’ve occasionally seen little itty bitty kids riding that horse. Or that I’ve seen an old guy with a walker going to get the mail. Or that the holiday decorations include the biggest inflatable Rudolph I have ever seen.  This farm is a winning farm.

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment