Monday, June 02, 2014

1.2 Animals - Goslings on the Lake

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the second day of each month is "Animals."
***************************

There aren't a ton of amenities to our neighborhood. It's a developing area (read: construction everywhere) and all the houses are the same bland versions of beige box. But, and this is a big but for us, there is a walking trail. It goes by this lake and through woods and the trail is groomed even throughout the winter, so we use it for walking, running, and cycling. This walking trail has saved my sanity on many days. I know that if I just put on my running shoes and go out for even ten or fifteen minutes, I will feel a million times less like the thoughts spinning through my head are about to explode into the world. 

And there are goslings on the lake right now. There are three little flocks and they make me so very happy I can hardly stand it.   The big geese always hiss at me, though, so this is about as close as I can get to them.  But I don't care. Little things are cute!!  I'm sure they'll be leaving any day now, so I want to remember them as they adorable little balls of fluff.

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment