Friday, June 13, 2014

1.13 Happy - Awwwwwww

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the thirteenth day of each month is "Happy."
***************************




We were at some family event; I can’t even tell you which one because they all run together in a one big lovefest in my head.  I remember distinctly that the kitchen was busy as my mother-in-law and her crew finished up with dinner, my sisters-in-law were gossiping around the table, and I was busy entertaining the four-year old twins by stacking dominoes and knocking them over while simultaneously teaching my seven-year old niece how to actually play dominoes.  My husband had been called into action to help my father-in-law do some household chores around the yard (I feel like it had something to do with a chainsaw and trimming a tree), and when the dear man walked back into the kitchen, I could hear him whispering under his breath, checking off his to do list. Then I saw his head whip around, mouth the word “Grandpa,” and he grabbed his hat as he went to sit down next to Grandpa on the deck.   

And that made me happy. My husband saw that his grandfather was outside all alone and he went out there to keep him company. And I grabbed the twins, grabbed the camera, and we all went outside to run in the grass, take pictures, and make sure Great-Grandpa was as happy as we were.

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.    

No comments:

Post a Comment