Tuesday, June 10, 2014

1.10 Work - Travel

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the tenth day of each month is "Work."
***************************




One of the benefits of my job is that a few times a year I get to travel to fun places.  Last weekend I was in Arizona and while I spent most of my waking hours doing work-stuff, I tried to fit in “walking to and from places and looking around” as part of my daily activities.  Hayden Butte Park is a massive feature of downtown Tempe and I found myself riveted by it. 

The desert landscape is just so different from the fields and forests that I am surrounded by here in Wisconsin. The cacti, the warm oranges and reds of the “soil,” and the blue, blue skies with the giant sun beating down constantly reminded me that I was somewhere new and wonderful. The heat almost incapacitated me, though; going from 74 when I left the Milwaukee airport to 104 when I landed in Phoenix sent my body into a sort of heat-induced lethargy that meant I really couldn’t do much more than my actual what I was there for job, my walk back to the hotel, and many, many, many laps in the pool.   

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment