Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just Another Zelda Photo


Working from home has its definite perks. I get to take pictures of my kitty when she's being exceptionally cute. I manage to actually be home when the UPS guy drops off packages.  I can spend an hour and a half every morning working out without having to explain to my boss why it's imperative that working out is done at exactly this time every single day.  I can watch old episodes of the $20,000 Pyramid with Dick Clark while I eat my lunch. I can take a break and play Word Bubbles for 15 minutes and not have to worry about minimizing my screen when someone walks by. I can make emergency dentist appointments in the middle of the day without having to worry about rescheduling meetings and whatever else people with real jobs do all day.

But it's also very isolating. I talk to Zelda and she has actually taken to talking back to me in cute little mews and less cute meow screams.  I am rarely motivated to actually get much work done before 11 am, so my workday is significantly shorter than it should be in reality.  When I have questions about my work, I am forced to rely on abbreviated emails and texts when I should have face to face conversations.  Also, the pay is fairly crappy, but I don't have to spend money and time driving about and I'm employed and I'm grateful, but I just wish it were more.

Frankly, though, if I'm being honest, I really love being able to watch Dick Clark every day.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree about the day getting started late and it being isolating. On the other hand, the week I spent back in the office, it felt like I couldn't get work done due to having so many conversations and meetings!

    ReplyDelete