Sunday, December 23, 2012

Countdown to Christmas, Part III

December 11 - Ordered some presents on Amazon and Etsy.  Seriously, I don't know when I'm going to actually wrap these presents and have them shipped to the correct people, but some time better pop up in the next week!

December 12 - We finished decorating the tree.  Up until this point, we'd just had lights on it, but we put on Los Straightjackets and hung up our ornaments. It was fun.

December 13 - I walked downtown because I realized we were about ten cards short for our holiday cards and bought some from a local retailer. 

December 14 - I was really sick of waiting for our photos to come in from Target (they were supposed to me mailed to me like two weeks ago and I'm still waiting), so I took my USB drive to Walgreen's in town only to find out that they couldn't get the pictures off a USB drive, so I drove home, made Dr. BB put the pictures on an SD card, drove back to Walgreen's, and got the pictures.  Then we finished Christmas cards.

December 15 - I made chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies and then we took most of them with us to a holiday shindig at one of Dr. BB's coworkers homes.

December 16 - I remember talking to Dr. BB about how we didn't do anything holiday-y on this day. He reminded me that we listened to Christmas music on the way to and from the grocery store.  So a shootout to my favorite Christmas album 'Tis the Season for Los Straightjackets by Los Straightjackets.

December 17 - I went to Target, the mall, and then I wrapped all my presents, put Dr. BB's under the tree, and found shipping boxes for all the rest.

December 18 - I went to the post office and shipped off my presents to those who I won't be seeing over the holidays. I was super excited about this since it allows a full week for those packages to get to wherever they need to go!!

December 19 - I made more cookies. I am starting to feel like a cookie-making factory.

December 20 - The last of my presents for Dr. BB arrived in the mail! Since we were essentially housebound due to Draco, I wrapped that present, he wrapped all the presents for our inlaws, and we opened our presents in the evening.

December 21 - We dropped Meow CrazyFace off at the kennel and drove to Iowa.

December 22 - We dropped off baskets of food at various local non-profits and churches and went to my nephew's baptism.

December 23 -  And here we are. Iowa.  Tomorrow will be the full extended holiday shindig and the day after all the little ones get to open their presents.  Merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment