Wednesday, July 11, 2012

J is for Joy


I took this picture on my way home* from work last night.  It makes me so, so happy on so many fronts.

We moved here just over a week ago. I called up the local office for an organization I used to work for in the Twin Cities on the off chance they might need me to do some work for them.  They called me back almost immediately with a class! and other one off events! that means I have paying work that I'm hoping will turn into consistent paying work. I have a bunch of resumes out and I'm hopeful that I'm going to get something full-time soon, but I'm so excited to be bringing income back into our household, I can hardly contain my excitement.

Also, the drive takes me through rural areas (the smell of manure! the ever present danger of hitting a deer while driving sixty miles per hour!) and a couple of small towns (Piggly Wiggly! places to get gasoline!) until it suddenly becomes a very major metropolitan area.  Crazy!  The rural areas like above especially please me because I am, at this point in my commute, no more than twenty minutes from the capital of Wisconsin. I met not another car on this road. Awesome.  And there were lightning bugs.**

*I did, of course, pull over to the side of the road. I didn't take this while driving. 

**Until about two months ago, I thought lightning bugs had gone extinct because I don't think I've seen them since I was a small child.  To my excitement, they are quite common around here.  I think I'm in love.

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things about driving home using a backroad in the summer is the lightning bugs. The road I take goes through several fields and there are thousands of lightning bugs hovering over the grass at night. Now, if only I was the one driving and I could crank up Bob Seger's 'Night Moves' I would be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and here I was thinking only southerners called them lightning bugs! :) This post brought a smile to my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/17/2012

    I think lightning bugs are the only thing I miss about living in New Jersey.

    You sound happy. Its a good thing to hear.

    ReplyDelete