Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Does Anyone in America Agree With Me?

I have a few confessions to make.

I liked the new Harry Potter movie. I really did. Maybe more than any of the other movies. It's a movie made for fans. My husband has not read the books and he had like a billion questions at the end of the movie because he just didn't get many of the important plot points. I like that. He should have to read the books.

I recently read Some Girls: My Life in a Harem by Jillian Lauren and I know I shouldn't do it, but I got really pissed off, yet again, by reading a book in which the narrator does something morally repugnant to me and I desperately attempt to find the motivation of why a sweet suburban child ends up as a sex worker/drug addict/general asshole (see Candy Girl and Orange is the New Black) and the motivation is nowhere to be found and then I get pissed. I'm always really interested in the logistics of becoming a sex worker, but I think I have to stop reading this genre of literature because it's driving me insane.

Today I had an entire two hours to myself, alone in our apartment, and I did not work out, as I probably should have. Instead I played Word Bubbles and reread a trashy J. D. Robb novel. While I was reading, I was halfheartedly coming up with plot ideas for new books that would enliven the series, including having a book written from Roarke's point of view, killing Roarke (it's a dream of mine - I really kind of hate that character), and sending Roarke off planet for an entire novel so Eve actually has to solve a case on her own like in the good old days of the series. Anyone in the Robb camp listening to me? I'm giving you ideas here for free!!

It was below zero today and I still haven't taken my winter coat out of storage. Since tomorrow it will officially be December, maybe I should get my lazy ass down to the storage unit to do so.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, liked the new Harry Potter, but spent 45 minutes after the movie fielding questions from my husband (he didn't read the books either).

    ReplyDelete