Tuesday, April 13, 2010

45 x 365 #361

361/365 - TP

Impetuous, sassy, and irreverent. She doesn’t keep a ledger for her checkbook, but can quote Langston Hughes at a moment’s notice. A mama, a daughter, a sister, an English teacher, a wearer of purple nail polish and Cubs tshirts, my bestest friend in the world.

OR

She has been humbled by a psycho ex, but is still open to love and all its joys. It’s impossible to hear a song on the radio without hearing her alternate lyrics. She’s the jelly (not grape) to my peanut butter. My first real love.

OR

I pealed out of the driveway, tires squealing and gravel spraying. She slammed the door loudly behind her. At home that night, we each apologized with small gifts we had unknowingly procured for the other. Best friends fight, sure, but always kiss and make up.

3 comments:

  1. I like your new 'digs'. It feels cheerful.

    I just ordered a Kindle last night, which made me think of you. I'm excited to download all the free books. yah! Your book reviews are helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read these 238429834 times and they make me smile every time. I'm especially amused by the fact that the second two perpetuate the idea that we are secret lovers. Sorry, BB. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you mean that you two aren't secret lovers?

    ReplyDelete