Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hi, I'm Aunt Rebecca

It was all special episode of Full House in my Algebra class yesterday. I had to do an event where I got to talk in front of a large crowd of about 80 perfect strangers last night and so I was dressed a bit more nicely than usual in my class because I didn't have time to go home and change before said event. I was wearing a cute outfit (pretty much this one here), makeup, and contacts.

So I don't wear my contacts very much because the burning, stinging, and blurry vision typically are too much for me. But I put my glasses in my purse (just in case) and thought I'd try to wear my contacts all day. For once.

The kids immediately start freaking out when I enter the classroom. Ms NGS are you for real? You look so nice! Those are great boots! Where did you get those earrings!

The flaming gay boy says, "Your makeup looks really nice today."

The even more flaming gay boy with the blue eyeshadow and silver mascara (dude, where does he even buy it?) who spends 50% of class time looking at his mirror, looks up from said mirror, and said, "Oh em gee! Ms NGS is wearing makeup?!" He looks at me a bit closer.

I'm standing in the front of the classroom trying to get them to shut the fuck up so we can draw a graph, but they refuse to stay on task.

FGB #2 says, "you can't even tell she's wearing makeup."

FGB #1 says, in a completely serious way, "that's how you know it's good."

I say, knowing that not a single one of them will get the reference, "yes, yes, I'm Aunt Rebecca and FGB #2 is DJ Tanner. Let's move on then. Graphing!!"

New Girl, who has only been in my class for two days at this point, interrupts. "Is that considered business casual?"

Me: . . .

Thank God tomorrow is Friday.

1 comment:

  1. This totally has me cracking up laughing. OMG this is so cute.

    and FYI- you can get silver mascara at walmart. LOL Hard Candy makes it. LOL

    ;)

    ReplyDelete