Thursday, July 09, 2009

Things I Love

Today Abby at Bright Yellow World did a list of 10 things she loves. I thought it was genius, left a comment that was longer than her original post (sorry!), and promptly decided to steal her idea. I am brilliant that way.

1) The first minute laying down in bed, when the physical exhaustion meets the mental exhaustion and I can turn it all off and relax.


2) A kiss on my forehead from my husband.


3) The raft of baby pictures hanging on the front of our refrigerator.


4) Starting a walk at 8:00 in the evening and knowing it will still be light out when I’ve finished.


5) The feel of wind buffeting me as I ride my bike.


6) Listening to country music cranked up loud in my truck, driving fast on a back road, windows rolled down, air conditioning turned up as high as it will go.


7) The sounds of kids laughing, screaming, and playing in the park.


8) An evening curled up in a ball on the couch, reading a Sookie Stackhouse book.


9) Knowing I can pay for my bills and maybe even a pedicure, too.


10) The days of freedom that summer gives me.


What are you loving today?

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Excellent idea!

    1. Getting a mushy text message in the middle of the day for no reason at all.
    2. Being so involved in a book that I don't notice hours have passed.
    3. Fridays off work with nothing planned.
    4. Sitting on the beach next to the river.
    5. Listening to my dog snore.
    6. Wednesday nights with dinner together and cuddling on the couch watching Wipeout.
    7. Knowing there are 3 hours of sunlight left after I get off work.
    8. Sitting on the porch in the evening, watching people walk by.
    9. Driving home with the radio off, daydreaming.
    10. Lying in bed rehashing the day before falling asleep holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks for the shout-out! And I LOVED your comment!

    You already know my ten things, but I'll give you one more:

    11. Blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/10/2009

    I just hadn't said hi for awhile. I thought I'd stop lurking.

    *waves* Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 is really an amazing feeling.

    ReplyDelete