Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The World Has Defeated Me

6:45 am Alarm clock goes off.

7:05 am Outside to warm up Monster. Monster does not want to be warmed up.

7:06 am Back inside to get the mug of tea I left sitting on the coffee table.

7:45 am At the university, "prepping for my class." This "prepping" includes listening to an old This American Life episode because I am going to use Ira in my class if it kills me.

8:12 am Can't find the keys. Can't find the keys. Must go to class without keys.

9:35 am Back from class. Where are keys? Where are keys?

9:37 am Call Biker Boy. I need keys.

9:50am Back from walk to Monster. No keys in Monster's ignition.

9:55 am Women's restroom. Note on the mirror that someone had left keys in there. Oh, yeah.

10:00 am Call Biker Boy. Found keys.

10:15 am Leave for second job.

10:45 am Am swarmed by high school children demanding to know grades. Don't care. Don't know. Please leave me alone during my prep period.

11:30am-2:30pm Teach. Point-slope equations and alternate exterior angles. Don't you wish my life was yours?

2:30 - 3:30 pm Meeting.

3:30-4:50 pm Grade. Write tests. Make photocopies.

5:20 pm Get home. Inhale soup.

5:30-7:30 pm Work on Thursday's lecture for the university.

7:30 pm Watch Family Guy with Biker Boy.

8:45 pm Wash face. Change into flying pig pajama pants and XXL Bowling Green State University sweatshirt. Sexy.

9:50 pm I am going to bed. I cannot stand to be awake for another twenty minutes. The world has won. I cannot stay awake any longer.

P. S. Dear Blogger,
Why doesn't your spellcheck work? Why doesn't your photo link work? Why do you hate me?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/13/2008

    Sounds like a day in the life of a grad student, alright. The meeting was the best part, am I right?

    ReplyDelete