Friday, July 20, 2007

Decisions, decisions

Some thought-provoking decisions made by me while packing include:

1) Do not pack Harry Potter books. They may be needed for reference this weekend.

2) Do not donate the lined flannels you wore in high school as winter coats. Those clearly need to be moved one more time to take up space in your closet even though you will never wear them. Come on!! You wore them every day!!

3) Pigs officially get their own box this move.

4) Stop buying blankets. You have more than you need.

5) You really need to buy more shoes. You obviously don't have enough of those!!

6) You need to clean out your closet more frequently, fool.

This is my official playlist of packing:

1) (You Want to) Make a Memory - Bon Jovi - Yay for Bon Jovi going country!!

2) Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley and Alsion Krauss - Does a sadder song exist?

3) Guys Like Me - Eric Church - They don't make lyrics like "you went to college/I pulled graveyard" all that often.

4) Teardrops on my Guitar - Taylor Swift - I don't even know what this song is about. But I like it anyway!!

5) Just Might Have Her Radio On - Trent Tomlinson - My sister thinks this guy is hot.

6) Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood - Hee. I try so hard not to like this song. But what makes you feel more like packing than the idea of some guy getting his "souped up four by four" completely trashed? Nothing.

7) Men & Mascara - Julie Roberts - Just to continue my theme of hating men through music. When I move in with Biker Boy, I will have to curb my men-hating song habit a bit.

8) Seven Spanish Angels - Willie Nelson & Ray Charles - The first time I ever heard this song I was in college. I tried really hard to find it on CD, but couldn't. Frequently, music clerks would stare at me like I was a complete and total idiot when I would describe the song to them. Eventually I learned that the internet could be used for things like this, but, hey, this was 1997. I was lucky I knew how to check my email at that point!!

9) Mendocino County Line - Willie Nelson & Lee Ann Womack - My sister hates this song. So I like to listen to it repeatedly.

10) Walkin' in Memphis - Mark Cohn - I accidentally downloaded some crappy live version of this song. But I accept my punishment. It's still an awesome song. "Tell me, are you a Christian, son, and I said ma'am I am tonight." Wheeee.

11) What's Your Mama's Name? - Tanya Tucker - Remember when Tanya Tucker was young and not white trash yet?

12) Forgive - Rebecca Lynn Howard - Okay, I've already written in previous posts about this song and how I'm not sure if I can really like Rebecca Lynn Howard, but I like this song, so it makes the list!!

13) Baby Girl - Sugarland - Sugarland is an impressive new country band. I hope they are successful and stop releasing crappy singles like their current single, Everyday America.

14) Y'all Come Back Saloon - Oak Ridge Boys - As this song came on, one of my roommates passed by my room. He looked taken aback. I immediately apologized for the condition of my room because it's quite crazy when you first look in here, but he said, "No, it's not the mess. I have just never met anyone in my life who actually listens to crap like this." And I said, with a completely straight face, "if I ever hear you call the Oak Ridge Boys crap again, I will be forced to kick you in the nuts as hard as I can." And I meant every word. Nobody puts the Oak Ridge Boys in the corner.

15) Because of You - Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson - Ummmm...I'm a sucker for Kelly Clarkson? I voted for her repeatedly on the first season of American Idol and I'm not ashamed of it? Okay, all right. I am a tiny bit ashamed. But I love her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment