Friday, December 03, 2004

Hi Goldy!!!

For the record, I am a HUGE fan of the undergrad institution I graduated from. As a matter of fact, I do believe I am one of the few graduate students who makes it a priority to donate money to my school's alumni association, just BECAUSE. However, as part of a departmental norm, I am part of a mentoring group with a couple of very cool first year students. I am not really sure how I ended up with such cool mentees, but there you have it. One of these mentees wanted to do something as a mentoring group and she decided it should be a U of M women's basketball game. If anyone asks, these are pretty cool games to go to. It was only six bucks for us to get in with student IDs and there were plenty of seats. We didn't plan ahead and get tickets ahead of time, so it is good for procrastinators like ourselves. Also, the team is great and has a pretty good record, so go SUPPORT WOMEN ATHLETES.

Well, whatever, I'm there with my mentoring group, the boyfriend of my fellow mentor, and Biker Boy. My fellow mentor sees GOLDY THE GOPHER down the bleachers. Oh, boy. She's a undergrad alum. "WE NEED OUR PICTURE TAKEN WITH GOLDY!!"

That's right. I ended up stalking a mascot and then asking (or making her ask, I should say) the undergrad dressed up as a GOPHER to take a picture with us. And damned if I'm not excited as hell to see this damn picture.

Then I had to go to this Capital One web site where they are having a contest for the number one mascot of the year. You can vote up to once a day. Since Goldy was so nice to us yesterday, I have to vote for him.

My undergrad institution had two mascots - one male and one female. I think Minnesota should consider this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment