Sunday, December 07, 2014

7.7 Do - Christmas It Up

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventh day of each month is "Do."
****************************

I decided that Dr. BB’s recovery time would be officially over when I dragged him to a nearby Christmas tree farm to buy a wreath early this afternoon.
We do this every year and some years it’s more successful than others. This year was quite successful because I got to eat a candy cane, pet a dog, watch the tree shaker shake trees, and laugh hysterically at a pickup truck loaded with what looked to be six trees in the bed. It was even warm enough that I felt like it would be okay to take the big camera and not wear a hat.
And then we went home, hung it up, and called our Christmas preparations done for the day.  I read a trashy romance novel, answered an email or two, and cuddled with Zelda.  Now I'm going to watch an episode of Family Feud with Steve Harvey (seriously - I think if everyone just watched this show, race relations in this country would be considerably less tense), brush my teeth, and get into bed before the forecasted sleet begins. I'm calling today a win.

Today's Christmas song is O Tannenbaum (of course).
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment