Saturday, December 27, 2014

7.27 Media - Who Buys These?

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-seventh day of each month is "Media."
****************************
My extreme guilty pleasure is flipping through Us Weekly to find the Who Wore It Best? feature.  It turns out that what I'm mostly interested in is who wears horrible shoes and ugly giant necklaces, but my husband thinks that what I'm really doing is making myself feel bad because even the ladies (it's rarely ever men) who get single digit percentages look way hotter than I could ever look. 

Also, if I'm honest, I'm trying to figure out this pop culture stuff. I seriously have no idea who any of these people are. I recognize George Clooney, Kate and William, and the occasional Jennifer Aniston photo, but generally I'm confused.  Right now the names are Lea Michele vs. Selena Gomez (Michele was an annoying guest judge once on Top Chef, but otherwise I have no clue and wasn't Gomez once a Disney kid?) and Jennifer Lopez (J. Lo. I got this one) vs. Liberty Ross (no idea).  Gomez and Lopez are the winners of the competition in my book.
But the bigger question for me is who buys these magazines?  I can kind of understand wanting a subscription or something, but do you just randomly decide to buy one as an impulse buy?  That has never occurred to me, but I have fallen for mints, gum, beverages, and batteries at the checkout line, so who am I to question other people's spur of the moment decisions?
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment