Wednesday, November 05, 2014

6.5 Fun - Performance

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fifth day of each month is "Fun."
****************************
The auditorium at the school where I work frequently has awesome performances. We’ve been to see the school orchestra several times, some other musicians, well-known and otherwise, the Capitol Steps, and to see a really boring ballet.  

Even during that really boring ballet, I was incredibly impressed with the dedication and devotion that the young people who part of the performance, including those who ran the ticket and concession stands, the lights, and the sound.  I don’t remember caring so deeply about anything when I was their age and it blew me away.
It also sort of shamed me. It’s been a long time since I’ve been so passionate about anything. I used to have a cause that I advocated for, volunteered for, and studied constantly. Now I work out and try to plan meals my husband can eat.

I really need to get some of that spark back.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment