Wednesday, August 05, 2026

July 2026 Accountability Buddy

Quick reminder that today is the last day to fill out the form to win a fun Book Fair prize package!

**********************

Wednesday, July 1
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime*
45-minute yoga class at the community center after work

Tuesday, July 2
35-minute yoga video at the student union at lunchtime
15-minute legs - Bodyweight, but it's good. My legs are on fire. 
5-minute calf workout - OMG. So good.
10-minute standing abs - I used 10 pounds here. 

Friday, July 3
35-minute yin yoga for hips, legs, and low back

Saturday, July 4
Day off - I meant to do a workout, but I took a nap instead. Oops.

Sunday, July 5
30-minute functional full body (unilateral) - Unilateral work is very hard for me. I need to do it more. 
15-minute gentle yoga stretch

Monday, July 6
5-minute calf workout in my office as a morning break
30-minute yoga video at the student union at lunchtime
45-minute boot camp fitness class at a local park after work

Tuesday, July 7
5-minute daily stretch - My husband is on a "sitting is worse than smoking" kick, so I'm trying to incorporate five minutes of movement every two hours when I'm work when that's possible. July is slow at my job, so I'm trying to do it here. Try five minutes of something at 10ish, something at lunchtime, and something at 2ish. Will this experiment last? Hm. This was my morning break. 
30-minute slow flow yoga

Wednesday, July 8
45-minute yoga class at the community center after work

Thursday, July 9
30-minute yoga video in the student union at lunchtime
10-minute dumbbell upper body workout - A Caroline Girvan video I can actually recommend.
10-minute standing lower body
10-minute standing abs

Friday, July 10
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime

Saturday, July 11
30-minute full body trisets

Sunday, July 12
30-minute Japanese interval walking workout
15-minute gentle yoga - I'd say this video is intermediate. There's half camel and frog and those can be challenging poses.

Monday, July 13
30-minute yoga video in the student union at lunchtime

Tuesday, July 14
20-minute no repeat full body
10-minute standing abs

Wednesday, July 15
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute bodyweight cardio workout

Thursday, July 16
30-minute yoga video in the student union at lunchtime

Friday, July 17
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime

Saturday, July 18
40-minute Bookish Pilates class outside at the community center - Who thought it was a good idea to have a fitness class outside in July? I guess I did? Bookish Pilates means that the instructor chose a playlist of songs that was all from movies and television shows that were based on books. A bit tangential, but there you. 
Source. The Langholf. July 20, 2026. What. A. Weekend. Facebook post. (I hope I did this citation correctly. If I didn't, I hope the Langholf won't sue me.)


Sunday, July 19
45-minute slow yoga flow - This is a bit more advanced with a full gate pose and full moon, so FYI on that. I liked it a lot!

Monday, July 20
30-minute yoga video at the student union during lunchtime

Tuesday, July 21
30-minute no jumping HIIT with weights - I am a sweaty, sweaty mess.

My set-up at home. I want everyone to note the candle on the table EVEN THOUGH IT'S A GAZILLION DEGREES. 

Wednesday, July 22
45-minute yoga class at the community center after work

Thursday, July 23
30-minute yoga video at the student union during lunchtime

Friday, July 24
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime

Saturday July 25
20-minute bicycle ride with my husband - It's the first time he's been out on a ride in a while, so we kept it short - ten minutes out and ten minutes back. He's still having issues with his arm (rhabdo is unkind) 
10-minute standing abs

Sunday, July 26
30-minute total body - Good workout. I'm super sweaty and out of breath. 

Monday, July 27
Day off - Sometimes days just don't go the way you want them to.

Tuesday, July 28
10-minute no jumping cardio - Sheesh. Tough. 
10-minute standing arms with dumbbells 
10-minute standing abs

Wednesday, July 29
45-minute yoga class at the community center after work

Thursday, July 30
Nothing formal, but I was at a waterpark with my nieces and nephews and I did quite a bit of climbing stairs and going down slides.

Friday, July 31
Again, nothing formal, but we were at this crazy waterpark and there was a lot of swimming and climbing and balancing and what a fun place. If I were a stronger swimmer, it would have been even more fun. 

Totals: 24/31 (77.4%) days of 30 minutes or more
Yoga: 14 days
Strength/cardio: 13 days
Short stretch classes at lunchtime: 5 days

**********************
Our local healthcare organization does free stretch classes virtually three times a week. Sign up here! It's free. It's fun. We regularly talk about candy and what's for lunch. It's a delightful break in the middle of the day. You do not have to have your camera on. She has the classes out there for the rest of the year, so you'd only have to register ONCE. 

**********************
Have you ever been to a Pilates class? Do you enjoy a waterpark? 

4 comments:

  1. I have done Pilates and really enjoyed it... but I have fallen off the exercise bandwagon yet again. I'm hopeless, Engie. HOPELESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it. It's annoying to figure out how to fit it into your schedule every day. Plus, it's not fun. *shrug* I'm over here fighting genetics one workout at a time, though.

      Delete
  2. I've never been to a Pilates class, but I've done Pilates videos in the past. I can see that we definitely have different workout styles- you REALLY like to mix things up, where I'll go back to the same workout over and over again.
    Your husband is onto something- it is bad to sit for long periods. They say that even if you do an intense workout in the morning, it won't counteract the negative effects of sitting for the rest of the day. SIGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get upset when I redo a video on YouTube, to be honest. I don't know how you do the same videos over and over again. I get really bored. This is what works for me.

      Delete