Monday, October 05, 2026

CBBC Fall 2026: The Vote Is In

I left you all on a cliffhanger last month about which of the three books would be our next CBBC read.


The voting was so close that there were moments when all three were tied and a good chunk of time when two books were tied for the lead. I had to actually make sure I had all three books in my possession because I was worried you'd all vote on one that I didn't have.


It was a real nail biter.

In the end, Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata (translated by Ginny Tapley Takemori) pulled out the victory by ONE POINT. 


Here's the schedule as I see it. I'm going to give everyone a couple of weeks to find the book and then we'll start on our usual Monday schedule. It's a short book, so I think we'll be able to do in a couple of weeks. (I am SO SORRY, friends, but this book has NO CHAPTERS. I'm using page numbers and some language cues.)

Monday, 10/19 - Pages 1-81 (there's a break separated by * * * between two paragraphs - the first paragraph ends in "fix me" and the second paragraph begins with "Somehow I felt")
Monday, 10/26 - Page 81- end
Monday, 11/2 - Wrap-up

****************
This gives you about 80 pages a week to read, which seems doable since the book is tiny. 

Thanks once again to all who voted! Who's in for this round of CBBC?

12 comments:

  1. I'm in! I especially love that it's short, not gonna lie!
    I will admit I loathe when books have no chapters (or really, really, really long chapters), but I feel like since it's short, it will feel more doable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mbmom1110/05/2026

    I didnt expect this one! Off to the library website to put in a hold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be here for the discussion BUT I have this book on my Kobo, so I'll be reading along with you. I also got The Vegetarian out at the library just in case you chose it, and I'd already read I Who Have Never Known Men, so my bases were covered. Have a fun book club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about this last night, and wondered if I missed the announcement. Looking forward to it. Thanks for organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/05/2026

    I am in! I just placed a hold on Libby and am first in line for an estimated two week wait. *Dulcie*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the friend that Elisabeth mentioned in your post about the voting selections - the blogger friend that did not care for the book. So I will sit this one out. I know you loved it, though, so I'm glad you'll be leading the discussion about about you loved. I feel like you hadn't loved the last several books we've discussed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10/05/2026

    I think I'm in! Libby says there is a three week wait, but I am hoping that it goes quicker than that.

    (This is Suzanne.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I voted for this one! I'm rushing off to the library website to put a hold on it right now. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in! My library had a million years long waiting list, so I got a Kindle copy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read a sample, and this one is not for me. Enjoy, everyone, and I'll catch you on the next one.

    ReplyDelete