Thursday, July 23 - This time of year we sometimes have tiny ants come inside our house, especially in our shoddily constructed addition. We use Terro bait traps and they do a pretty good job. However, a certain feline was playing with the trap, which WE DO NOT WANT, so Dr. BB had to construct a solution. A Chewy box is almost always the solution.
Friday, July 24 - Our new local bookstore had a fun Dungeon Crawler Carl bingo night. It was really quite delightful and we had a good time. I'm really enjoying having a bookstore in town and am basically going to go to every event there I possibly can in order to make sure it survives.
Saturday, July 25 - Is it possible that the only photos I took all day were of my kitty? Yes, yes, it is. Also, we're kind of worried about Zelda Belda. She's not eating well, even though her weight is stable. I'm giving it another week of her weird eating habits before I call the vet. She's on a steroid, which is supposed to increase her appetite, but maybe we need to up her dosage. Poor baby girl.
Sunday, July 26 - This should be illegal. Usually Costco can do no wrong in my world, but this is unacceptable.
Monday, July 27 - I have once again forgotten I was supposed to take a photo every day this month. This is my dog. She's walking before bed. She's not happy about it.
Tuesday, July 28 - You guys. I'm so bad at this. Let's pretend Tuesday didn't exist.
Wednesday, July 29 - Last freshman registration event of the summer! Woot! They have been doing construction in the building we use all summer long and they're redoing some lab spaces. I took a photo to show that the reno is nearly done! Next summer we'll get to use these classroom spaces and we're pretty excited about it.
Thursday, July 30 - Do you want some whiplash? Now we're at a waterpark! My husband's siblings and all their kids are in a Wisconsin family fun area (Wisconsin Dells) and we are doing all the things.
Friday, July 31 - Back at the VRBO, my nieces are attempting to teach me to make friendship bracelets. I have to admit that there was a lot of poking fun at Aunt NGS for not being able to figure this shit out.
Saturday, August 1 - My husband and I took my niece and we got our nails done. Her first manicure! We're obviously building core memories over here.
Sunday, August 2 - I have no words for this. All of the kids are surrounding their grandfather and his wife. Have you ever seen anything so cute?
And that's a wrap on July. Thank heavens because I am bad at remembering to take a photo every day.
****************
What's a favorite memory you have from July?











Poor Zelda. As for bookstores, two opened almost weeks apart in our town. Neither survived, and now there are none.
ReplyDeleteOof. Bad timing for both of them. I wonder if just one had opened if it would still be there.
DeleteSounds like you really enjoyed the family time, Engie! I do love a waterpark. Fun fun! I have often thought I should do one of those "photo a day" challenges, but then I forget, so maybe it's for the best? I would love to give you a favourite memory for July but I cannot think of a single thing. Was I even alive in July? I cannot remember.
ReplyDeleteHa! June was a month for me that just sort of flew by with nothing memorable, but July was a real blast!
DeleteWell, I'm a little worried about Zelda, but since you said her weight is stable hopefully she's fine. Cats are SO WEIRD, who can tell why her eating habits may have changed. I hope the issues resolves on its own so you don't have the stress of. vet visit.
ReplyDeleteHooray for family time and water park fun! And... I don't know why stores put out the Halloween stuff first. Can't we just stick to generic fall? (I mean- I'm sure people think that's too early as well). Is anyone actually buying Halloween decorations now???
At first we thought Zelda wasn't eating because she didn't like her medication, but then we gave her the food without the meds and she still won't eat it! I don't know what her deal is. I'll need to check her weight again this weekend.
DeleteNO FALL SHIT IN JULY. NONE. Jenny, we are going to have fisticuffs about this. IT'S STILL SUMMER. Stop trying to make the cold weather come faster.
What Nicole said - I should take a photo every day because otherwise the days just disappear. I started a 5 year journal this year so at least there is that.
ReplyDeleteLol at least Costco has Halloween stuff out and not Christmas stuff.
I'm sending good vibes to Queen Zelda.
NO. NO. No Halloween stuff in JULY. It really should be illegal and I stand by this.
DeleteOh Costco, come on! I enjoy a few cute Halloween decorations - at the appropriate time - but I really dislike those huge outdoor ones. Is anyone really thinking that spending $260 on a giant skeleton coming out of the ground is a good idea? I really enjoyed your photo-a-day July. Your local book store seems so wonderful. It's good of you to keep supporting them, and I hope they thrive!
ReplyDeleteThe highlight of my July was having my friend from Japan visit.
I don't know. There's a house in our town with a giant skeleton and they leave it out year round and decorate it seasonally. There's a giant egg during Easter, he's waving a flag on the Fourth, and he has a skeleton reindeer and a Santa hat for Christmas. I think it's great.
DeleteYay! It is fun to have people visit, isn't it? I think it's so cool that you've been pen pals with her for so long!
I hope Zelda perks up soon and this period of not wanting to eat becomes and unpleasant memory that softens in time because it turned out to be nothing and you didn’t even have to go to the vet.
ReplyDeleteWe went to a local bookstore yesterday, and they were prepping for an event of some sort but it was for kids so we didn’t stay. It was fun though, and we bought a couple of books. Bonus was that I was lamenting that I gave away a book that I suddenly now wanted to read, and it’s not terribly well known so the bookstore didn’t have it and I wondered if I wanted to read it enough to make it worth seeking out, but when I got home it turned out I hadn’t given it away after all. Whew!
Whew! I'm so glad you didn't rebuy it. That would be been frustrating.
DeleteI hope Zelda eats better soon! Cats are so stoic, and it's so hard to tell if somethings wrong or if they're just being temperamental.
ReplyDeleteI just went to my local bookstore- my son won a gift card from the livmbrary reading program and we had fun looking. He bought an xkcd book and I shopped for cards. I try to buy something there every other month.
Favorite July memory- getting to hold my new granddaughter from 3 am to 6 am, feeding her bottles and changing diapers, so my daughter and her husband could sleep. I got snuggles, they got rest.
Everyone loves xkcd!! I love that multi-generations can enjoy it.
DeleteNEW BABY!! That is exciting.
What a wonderful thing--a local bookstore! We have two comic book stores, but that's it. I have not read a comic book since I was about 10. No judgment, just bitching.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for sweet Zelda to get back to being herself. Sometimes, it's just too damn hard being a pet parent.
We have always had a comic shop in my town and I guess I should start remembering that they exist. I'm with you that I don't get much out of comics, but I'm glad that shop is there for people who do like them!
Delete