Thursday, November 12, 2020

Hourly Report 11/11/2020

7am: Alarm goes off, walk Hannah the Dog, train Hannah, put flag out for Veterans Day, sit on the couch for five minutes until the cat starts meowing her head off to get pets. Pet the cat on "her rug" for a few minutes.

8am: Breakfast (yogurt with granola, raspberries, grapes, cranberry juice, and a handful of vitamins) and shower.

9am: Try to boot up my laptop. Have issues connecting with the network.  By 9:45am, I have troubleshooted/restarted my computer enough to realize I had been invited to a meeting at 10. Quickly RSVP and make sure I look presentable.

10am - 11:20am: Work meeting about outreach. This is the third marketing strategy we've had since I've been at this job in March. I'm exhausted just thinking about it and how much I don't like this part of my job.

11:20am - noon: Dr. BB comes down briefly to tell me the flag is caught on something, so we go out to fix it. This involves a hammer and a stepstool.  Hannah is thrilled that we are both downstairs in the middle of the day.  I sit on the couch, send a few emails, and generally loaf.

Noon - 1pm: I put vegetables in the oven to roast (carrots, potatoes, daikon radish) while I write a quick blog post about a book I just read. Eat lunch of vegetables, guacamole and pretzels, some almonds, a lime LaCroix, and a mini Kit Kat and mini peanut butter pumpkin leftover from Halloween candy. I also browsed reddit and read a bit of a book while I ate.

1pm - 2:45pm: I work a bit, sending emails and creating some documents that will be useful at some point, I hope.  I also deal with the mail at this time. We had gotten a delivery from Bob's Red Mill and I had to unpack some dry goods. The cat enjoyed the box.

2:45pm - 3:45pm: I walk with Hannah. We go to the park near our house where I let her roam around off-leash illegally for a while. Then we practice seeing people and dogs without lunging and/or barking.  We spend about six blocks focused only on loose leash walking.  When we get home, she passes out because it's hard work being a good girl.

Illegally off leash. But look how cute she is!

3:45pm - 4:15pm: I walk to the library to return some books and go to the Hallmark store where I buy birthday cards for the rest of the month a few Thanksgiving Day cards. I forgot my mask until I was about two blocks away from home and had to race back to get it.


4:15pm-4:25pm: Frantically try to change clothes, find my shoes, and get ready for my workout class.

4:25pm - 5:30pm: Workout class. Our local hospital has unlimited classes via Zoom for $20 a month. There are usually six to eight half-hour classes a week and I try to get to four or five a week. I did two classes back to back today.  It had been unseasonably warm for November, but a cold front came through yesterday. My bad leg is killing me and I had to start doing modified exercises in the last half of the second class, which I hate doing because it feels like defeat, but I guess it's better to do modified exercises than just sitting on the couch.  I also took the flag down in between classes because the sun had set. 

5:30pm - 6:00pm: Worked on this post and browsed reddit. Listen to the cat meow because she is simply starving.

6:00pm - 6:20pm: Fed Zelda the Cat. Did training with Hannah and gave her dinner. Dr. BB is teaching an evening class on campus, so I'm doing this chore on my own. It's generally easier if each of us takes one creature, but the girls are fed, even if I don't do it to Zelda's exacting specifications.

6:30pm - 7:15pm: Made dinner (butternut squash risotto in the InstantPot), collected trash and took the bin to the end of the driveway, and cleaned up as many of the dishes I used in making dinner as I could.

7:15-7:45pm: Ate dinner.

7:45pm - 8:15pm: Addressed all the greeting cards that I bought for the month at Hallmark earlier in the afternoon.  

8:15pm - 8:45pm: Took Hannah out for her evening walk.  She loves the cooler weather.


9:00pm - 9:45pm: Got ready for bed and put Hannah to bed in the mudroom.

9:45pm - 10:15pm; Read in bed for a bit (Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare - so far I'm pretty unimpressed) before I closed my Kindle and fell asleep within twenty seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment