Monday, October 22, 2018

CSA 2018 Week #20 - The Last Basket

I haven't written much about the CSA for the last few weeks because here's what it is:
We've basically gotten sweet potatoes, onions, garlic and squash. It's honestly just been getting stockpiled on our counter and I'm running out of large bowls to store stuff in.

Our last basket had all of the above, along with some regular baking potatoes, carrots, kale, daikon radish, parsley, romanescu, and some jalapeƱo peppers.

I am feeling much more overwhelmed with CSA stuff this year than in past years. Part of this is scheduling. We can pick up the CSA from 3-7 on Thursdays and we teach on Thursday right up until 5, so it's usually close to 6 when we get home and instead of diving into dinner prep, I'm spending that first hour we're home picking up and putting away the basket vegetables and then dinner is late and I'm exhausted by the whole thing.  I'm usually hangry and not particularly fond of the vegetables by the time all is said and done.

So I think we can safely say that I'm NOT doing the winter share this year (although I know I'll regret that in February when I'm desperate for produce that wasn't made in Chile) and I'm happy to report that our Thursday evenings can return to normal.  Or something like normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment