Friday, October 05, 2018

2018 Yearly Goals, Quarter 3

Here's my original post on my yearly goals. The third quarter was dire.
Area One: Fitness Goals
1) Workout four times a week - I met this goal 10/13 weeks. One week was vacation, though, so it was more like 10/12.  My average was 4.08 times a week, though, so this is solid. I definitely notice when I don't work out these days.

2) 11,500 steps a day - Look, this wasn't great.  There were a lot of mosquitoes and it rained pretty much nonstop in September. My average step count per day was over 12,000, but there were plenty of days I missed.


3) Track food intake each day - Ha ha ha. No.

These fitness goals are stable, which is good, I think. They could be better, but a person only has so much time.

Area Two: Communication Goals
1) Update my blog twice a week - I posted 37 times in this quarter, for a total of 2.9 posts a week. Yay.

2) Make contact with four people (MDTT) at least once a week -I missed two of the people twice. I think that's fine.

3) See my mom four times in the year - I saw my mom THREE times this quarter. That's going to make this year a win.

4) Send a letter or postcard to my grandmother and two of my elderly aunts at least once a month - I did not do this in June. I am a crappy granddaughter and niece.

Mixed success on communication. I'll be better about mail in the next quarter.

Area Three: Finances
1) Track every penny I spend each day - Ha ha ha. No. And we're paying for it. The "we need to talk about money" talk happened and we were both unhappy.

2) Low buy year - Heavy sigh. I'll do better.

3) Save $XXX to savings account each month - This didn't happen, which is part of the "we need to talk about money" talk.I'm exhausted thinking about finances.

Area Four: Personal Improvement Projects
1) Complete three sewing projects this year - I literally sewed a pocket shut. That's what I've done with my sewing machine this quarter.

2) Spend 10 minutes a day on Spanish practice - I did do this. Duolingo for the win.

3) Complete the Book Riot Read Harder challenge this year by reading two of the books each month - Yes!

Area Five:  The House
1) Brush Zelda at least three times a week and brush her teeth each day - I'm getting tired just reading this. But we did it!  She went to the vet this week and it was noted that she is a well cared for kitty and she better be because this is so much work.

2) Complete items on Tody list every day - No, we stopped doing this. We need to get back on the wagon.

My finances goal is really bringing me down. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it gets better in the next quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment