Monday, August 06, 2018

2018 CSA Week #9

This week has a bit of a disappointing basket, actually.
Onions
Garlic
Parsley
Carrots
Rainbow chard
Tomatoes (x2)
Hot peppers (x2)
Cabbage

The onions and garlic are out of control, my friends. We have them coming out of our ears already. I don't know. I give up on them.

I'll make a slow with the cabbage and one of the carrots.

I'll eat those delicious tomatoes raw. I bet they're gone before this is even published.

I'll make some carrot stew with the carrots and some of the carrots I have left over from a couple of weeks ago. The carrots are not great raw, so I'm hoping that cooking them will bring out the sweetness and I'll be less likely to cut them up for lunch and just end up throwing them out because raw not great carrots are inedible.

We'll do a frittata with the chard.

We might make a risotto that will use some of the parsley.

I do not know what do with all the garlic, onions, and now peppers.  I try to give them away to everyone who comes to our house, but you know how people are - they already have too many from their own gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment