Thursday, November 30, 2017

One Thing at a Time

There are two more weeks of classes and then finals week and then that's it. Another semester in the can.

I need to write down exactly what I'm going to do with each of the remaining class periods. I need to prepare for lecture today. I need to do laundry. I need to get ready for my tutoring student tomorrow. I need to figure out holiday cards. I need to...

Just chill.

It's a beautiful fall day. We've had no snow yet, so I can still reliably walk through the woods and ride my bike and enjoy being outside.

If I don't exactly figure out my schedule for the rest of the semester and something falls through the cracks, the students will never know.  Some of my best lectures have been when I wing it without much preparation. The students just have to shoulder some of the burden.  Chores will always be waiting and if Dr. BB needs clean clothes that badly, he can do laundry himself.  If holiday cards don't get sent out, no one will miss them much in the flood of mail in the next month. 

So I'm going to write this to myself as a reminder.  You can only do one thing at a time and this is your time to just be.

Let's home I remember this in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment