Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Gifts I'm Buying for People

I hope my family and friends don't read my blog.

My Best Friend Who Writes
I creeped on her Instagram and found out some places she likes that sell journals. So maybe she'll get one of these. $13 at Design Works Ink.
My Best Friend Who Is Ridiculous
I have definitely discussed my near obsession with the Uncommon Goods catalog and this year is no exception. I love these Long Distance Touch Lamps ($75 each). You connect them through WiFi and when you touch it, it lights up not only your light, but the other person's, as well.  You can stay in touch, even if you don't have time for a phone call or text I think this is just ridiculous enough for her.
My Mother
Uncommon Goods is totally my go to catalog for everyone, I'm learning. I think I'm going to get her a Mother & Daughter Letter Book ($40).  My mom likes scrapbooking and I think she vaguely likes me (but she could do it with her other, more favored daughter, I guess), so this could go over well, I think. I just put it in my electronic shopping cart.
My Sister
My sister, the favored daughter of our mother, is a bit tricky. She and I do not share tastes in anything and I find that most things I give her as gifts end up stored in one of her closets.  I have given up trying anything she'll really like in favor of stuff she'll probably at least use. Maybe this hand-painted ornament with dogs on it ($65)? I'd put that on my tree. 
Dr. BB
I bought him socks just today. We're romantic here.  I might also get "him" a nightlight. I actually want another nightlight on our ground level and I think this one is adorable and he likes owls, so I would buy it and say it's for him, but really I want it.  That's how marriage works, right?  Okay, you're right. I'm not going to spend $50 on a nightlight, but if you want to, this one looks amazing.
My Sister-in-Law Who I Get Every Damn Year in the Christmas Draw Who Has No Hobbies or Interests Outside of Her Children 
I got her one of those skeleton key ornaments ($24) when I ordered mine because she and her family just moved into a new house this year, too. I also got her a One-Yard Wonders book ($21.13 at Amazon right now) because I love my copy and she's vaguely interested in sewing and I think this book has awesome projects she could work on with my ten year old niece.  With that I am approximately $5 over our limit, but I don't even care.

Sewing projects I've completed with that book include a really easy to make skirt, a set for babies, and a sewing caddy.
My Brother-In-Law the Firefighter who Watches Soccer and That's All I Know About Him
He has an Amazon wishlist. THANK HEAVENS. He's going to get something off of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment