Friday, October 13, 2017

CSA Week 19: Winter Harvest Begins

I'm definitely behind in my vegetable usage, but now we're getting a lot of storage vegetables, so I'm planning on hoarding some of them for quite some time.

Honey nut squash (2)
Onions (2)
Garlic
Green cabbage
Leeks (3)
Romanesco
Jalapeno peppers (3)
Daikon radish
Sage
So I already have a head of cabbage in the fridge and this one will go in there to create a matching set. Eventually I'll make slaws with them - the radish will be good for the slaw, too. The leeks will be used in place of onion in a butternut squash risotto we'll make for dinner next week.  The honey nuts we'll bake and use as sides for dinner on the non-risotto nights. 

I'll eat the romanesco raw with lunch, but I don't love it. 

The garlic, onions, and peppers will go into storage for a bit.

Meanwhile...
My sister gave me a bunch of tomatoes out of her garden and they're finally ripe. Now I have to figure out what in the world to do with all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment